Thursday, October 20, 2011

Below the Root - Continuing onwards

Turns out if you rest here, you get captured.
So I've made a little more progress in Below the Root, but I'm still not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Interestingly enough, I've learned that the game is based on the Green-Sky Trilogy by Zilpha Keatley Snyder. I might have to pick it up some time. This may not be news to anyone else, but it is to me. Anyway, where was I?
        I've done a bit of browsing on wikipedia on the game and the first book of the trilogy, so I sort of gather I'm supposed to be going (shock and amazement) "below the root," as it were. If anyone winds up reading this, I could sure stand some hints (not spoilers, please) about what to do next.
So one goal is to find a key to the gates, I guess.
I did come across this place, where the guy tells me I need a key. So, I guess I should start looking for one! Come to think of it, I should probably pense him to make sure he's telling me the truth.
        I might actually start the game again with a character that has better spirit skill, because it seems like it would be extremely beneficial to do so. I'm not sure yet. I sort of want to see if I can keep going with Neric, who I switched to from Herd. Maybe I'll have Steve try playing as a stronger spirit character. If I can, y'know, drag him away from Heroes VI.
I think I need vine rope to get across water.
Oh! Here's a tip: If you buy something, MAKE SURE you pick it up before you hit buy again. I lost two tokens that way. Unfortunate.

There's a whole shop section not far from Neric's house. You can buy shubas, which allow you to glide instead of falling, vine rope, which, I believe, is for getting over water, and food. So far I haven't needed food because I keep "dying" and ending up a day older and totally renewed.

Once I have more to talk about, I'll be back. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this:
You, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment