Friday, October 21, 2011

Below the Root - At last, we're getting somewhere!


Dum dee dum.
All right! Progress of some kind is being made. I spent some time exploring Broad Grund and then I moved on to the left and discovered the Garden Grunds. A couple of interesting things happened, the best of which is that the Wise One taught me how to pense messages in addition to emotions and increased my spirit level.
Jumping puzzles!
 After some vaguely obnoxious but not really difficult jumping puzzles on top of the garden grund, I made my way into this little hut. Inside was a small child.
A neat little piece of PC speaker music played here.
Hooray!
Yeah, you lost me.
So now I can  use pense message and see what people are really thinking. This is extremely helpful. I'd like to get close to followers of D'ol Salaat and see what they're thinking, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk. Maybe later.
        It's actually rather refreshing to play an adventure game I've never played before, with no real idea of what I'm supposed to be doing. The sense of discovery, of figuring things out, solving something, is really pretty excellent. I mean, once I get on into King's Quest and the like, I'll be blowing through like nobody's business because I know everything there is to know. There's nothing new to find, no puzzles I haven't solved. With Below the Root, it's a brand new thing. I guess that's one of my main hopes for this blog, to discover adventure games I've never played and maybe find some good stuff. 

 
Awesome.
I even found ONE GUY out of all the "do you want to rest?" folks that was actually friendly and let me rest in peace.  Forgot to take a screenshot, though.

So, I've been picking up little pieces of the puzzle of Green-Sky one by one, though none of them seem to fit together just yet. It appears I can pense animals, which makes pense message pretty essential, as I can't speak with them because they're, y'know, animals. Here are a few things I've picked up;
Don't know who or what that is.
I don't know if he's talking about himself in the 3rd person or what.

I LOVE YOU TOO

Done and done.
 I'm really happy I can pense messages now. I get a lot more information from people that way. Here's a few examples;
Okey doke.

BUNNY.


Did that, thanks.


Yeah, I'm not sleeping here.



 Now, here, I was hoping I had an idea, but when I offered him a token, I got no response.
That's too bad, buddy.
All right! Back to it.

1 comment: